Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friday, June 5, 2009

Dear Diary:
Official Weekly Weight:
347
Total Weekly Weight Loss: 3 pounds (I am very excited about this especially considering this included lots of popcorn, enchiladas, and last night’s dinner
Food consumed today:
· 3 egg whites
· Whole Wheat roll
· Banana
· Chef salad with Ranch
· 2 Fiber One bars
· apple
6 inch subway sandwhich

Morning Radio Shows:
Hmmmm, did I listen to the radio this morning? My brain can’t remember anything right now.
Have this massive headache. Cold is now in my head. Medicine is just not seeming to cover it. Feel sort of like I’m floating above my head wondering whats going on today.
Weekend Plans. Sigh.
I do know I’m trying not to think about everything going on this weekend. Soon I’m headed to my niece’s graduation and then running back to work. After work I’ve got to find one of those make your tummy look not as fat kind of things for my dress I’m wearing to the double wedding tomorrow. Then I’ve got to do laundry and fold the clothes from the last time I did laundry and clean the house. Thankfully Adam has volunteered to help. Then we’ve got to run to Walmart to get him some dress clothes as his are all WAY to big (so proud of him AND jealous)
After the double weddings tomorrow and working out we have my work party. We swore we would do NOTHING Sunday but now his family is having a party. Oh it just makes my head spin how there is always something going on every night and when you do the gym too its no time. I think normally I relish it, but when sick it just feels overwhelming and you run yourself ragged getting sicker and sicker. Can I call my stunt double to take over the weekend? For example cloning. Some people say its against God’s will and all that. Well and I’m not so sure. I mean cloning hearts to save people or whatever, how can that be wrong. But also, think of this………you are tired and sick. You just want to stay home. Send clone to work for you while you catch up on your sleep and get a manicure. Sounds ideal to me so whats the big problem?

11 AM. Graduation. Oh I love my niece, but I wouldn’t exactly say I love graduations, especially since I went to one last night for Joey (Adam’s brother). I teased Adam that they would be the exact same, and they almost were. One of the songs the orchestra played was the same. The top ten advice list the district leaders were the same, even though they were in different districts. Craziness. My favorite part of the graduation is when Max sighed really loud and said "When are they going to stop saying people's names?!!!" Everyone around us heard and laughed really really hard.
Gosh can’t believe Megan all grown up. Graduating and with a boyfriend. Sheesh, it was like she was 3 last week or something. I just love her so much. Can't believe she is quite grown up and quite pretty. Craziness.
There were some moments of entertainment at the graduation.
People throwing oodles of confetti (poor clean-up crew)
One girl having so many leighs around her neck that you couldn’t see her face
The grads playing with beach balls and balloons, despite one of the teachers grabbing and popping any that came her way.
Then were the comments between my dad and a security guard when he tried to go out the VIP exit (because there are less stairs). THIS WAS BY FAR THE MOST ENTERTAINING:
“Um sir you can’t go this way.”
“Don’t give me that. I just went this way last week”. (Total utter lie)
“Sir, I said you can’t”
“But I’m bigger than you.”
“Maybe, but I have a whistle”
“Oh whistles don’t scare me, I’m an ex-con”
Good grief dad. He is lucky they didn’t take him away. Jen said it perfectly:
“Dad, you are getting more like Grandma McAffee each and every single day.”
3 PM. Feels like such a long day, even though I haven’t worked the whole time. Wahoo got all the soccer money I need to register our team. Gosh I love soccer! So looking forward to Real game tomorrow at work party.
11 PM. It so has to be time to go to bed! I've done like 8 loads of laundry tonight and we don't even have kids! How is this possible? Was a long night actually. I had a lot of cleaning to do. We did get some vegging in though. Then a late night trip to Walmart. We totally stole a parking spot right up front from someone who had been waiting but Adam said too bad because they were going the wrong way. They honked and honked and I wa afraid for our lives. We live in Taylorsville people. There are gangs here. Luckily the security guys were right there so nothing happened, but I have to admit I kept turning around at the store expectantly, but really at Wal-Mart you should always be on your toes. I drove Adam half crazy taking forever to find him something for his cousin's double wedding tomorrow.

No comments: