Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monday-June 22nd, 2009

Happy Birthday Laurie!!!! I just love my little sis. She seems to be having a wonderful day and she SO deserves it!

WEEKEND UPDATE

Friday:

How does Friday night just seems to literally fly by? I always seem to be extremely tired that night. We had some major shopping to do for father's day presents, and then afterwards dragged Adam to go shopping @ Walmart and Shopko. Poor man seriously LOATHES shopping. But honestly so do I! The only way I could imagine I would actually enjoy shopping is if I was fit and wealthy. If I had an unlimited supply of money, then shopping would ROCK.

I can't believe what I got for Adam's father, Brad. We laughed about it all night and I couldn't even keep the secret and had to tell his mom (Val) who was in stitches when she heard about it on Saturday.

Saturday:

We started out the day right by going to the gym. Honestly it felt so great to be there and I could actually go at a decent speed, despite my leg. Although I can't quite run on it yet, it feels better every single day.

After the gym we headed to Kael's Spiderman birthday party. Kael is Adam's cousin, the son of Aunt Cathi who set us up. (Totally love her!)

Then it was cheat time. We were going to try to be a little better than last time, but it ended up just as bad, if not worse. We ordered Papa Johns and had donuts. Yummalicious!

Sunday:

Sadly Sunday ended up being like an all-day cheat as well with it being Father's Day. We spent all day with family. Kim and I helped with breakfast for Adam's dad. Afterwards he opened presents and laughed and was shocked to see what Adam and I got him. Background: So a few weeks ago we watched part of a comedian's act with Brad and Val. The guy sings this highly inappropriate song called 'Titties and Beer'. They always laugh at how embarrassed I get. So Brad teased me that he was going to sing it at my wedding. I told him over my dead body, and only if he wanted to see some-one of which would be my poor Grandma. She would not recover from such a shock. So Adam and I had no idea what to get Brad for father's day. I mentioned that we know he likes titties and beer. Adam said we could NOT get him that. But the wheels in my head started spinning.

Friday night I walked into Spencer's. I went to checkout and the lady said "oh is this just for fun, a birthday, or special occasion?" (This being boobie gummies, a shot glass, and a boob beer cover). I smile and said "Oh its for father's day. For my future father-in-law". She just laughed and laughed so I told her the story. She stopped and said there was something I must see. I was intrigued and followed her to a "trophy rack" with boobies on it. She pressed the button and that horrible "titties and beer" song began to play while the boobs danced. Did I think "Oh how inappropriate?" and walk away shocked? You know I grabbed it and was done with his present. So hilarious. But I have to say, if you are going to get this huge gift, ask for a couple of bags, because the bags are kind of see-through and you can see the boobs at the top, so just imagine the looks as I'm walking across the mall. Lol.

It was priceless. I have no idea where he will put it and I had warned Val prior to it. I'm so inappropriate but it was so funny and we all couldn't stop laughing. (hmmm whats that Billy Joel line 'I'd rather laugh with the sinners than sing with the saints' or something)

After that we went to Sugarhouse Park for my family's party. I gave dad a big trophy MUG (not rack) that was full of cherries. No boobies involved. That gift is not so appropriate in my family lol.

We had so much fun. We played soccer, volleyball, and dodgeball and ate lots of yummy chicken and cake for dad and Laurie's birthday.

Afterwards, Adam and I went to see my Grandma. She is moving today actually. We took some pictures and had a good visit. I was really sad on the way home. Never realized how lucky I was in always having a grandmother close. Ashamedly, I so took it for granted. I was sad that she didn't get to see the kids too. But she moved to Vegas, not another planet. I know I will see her again, but I will really miss her!


 

No comments: