Saturday, June 20, 2009

LAST Weekend

The WEEKEND Report

Saturday Cheat: Oh the Saturday night cheat. Always look so forward to it! And always think this is probably a bad thing. Adam says I have to actually earn next week’s cheat, which is very wise of him to say. And he is right!

This past week was a bad example, but typically its that cheat that holds me together. Its what helps me say no to all the bad food waved in front of my face all week long. (Except this particular week it seemed to actually make its way down the hatch). The theory is that I won’t cheat during the week and can stick to my diet all week long if I can have one meal on the weekend where there are no rules. And honestly for me, it mostly works!

I could literally write a sonnet about some of our cheats. Sometimes it ends up disappointing, and quite often with a terrible upset stomach, but sadly it is one of the highlights of the week.

There I said it. I’m just going to admit it. Food is delicious. And if I were to admit it, I would eat rich and fatty foods all day long if there were no consequences. I read somewhere recently that there has to come a time when your health is more important than the instant gratification received from that food. That is so very true! But not on cheat nights. On that night I can eat what I WANT, selfish creature that I am.

So we went to Red Robin. We really overdid it and enjoyed every single moment. The Strawberry lemonade there is so delicious (and expensive). We had the towering onion rings to start and then each enjoyed a glorious burger! This was real hamburger, not turkey, not without the bun. Real meat (lol) with all the fixins and bacon and cheese. And of course I had my weekly diet coke. Yummy! Their steak fries are so incredible. Felt very satisfied and ate it slow to really savor and enjoy each bite. Oh how I wish you could eat like this every meal lol (and apparently I have for several years lol)! Pathetic, but just being honest.

Later that night we had the icing on the cake. A dessert. I can’t tell you, there is nothing better than something sweet. Ended up getting the Phish Food Ben and Jerry’s. Oh my! It has fudge fishies in it that melt in your mouth and has marshmellow and caramel in chocolate ice cream. Devishly decadent is the only way to describe it. Adam couldn’t even eat it as it was so rich. We both ended up so sick obviously!

Please forgive me catholics for continuing to bring up your religion that I know hardly anything about, but I keep imaging that if I were catholic, I know exactly which one of the 7 deadly sins I would have to repent of at EVERY confession. And that is of G-L-U-T-T-O-N-Y. Did you know that gluttony is derived from the Latin word gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow. Its basically the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste. No self control honestly! But on Saturday nights I refuse to feel bad about it!

The leg situation: Thank you to my lovely sister Jen for giving me a gift certificate to Bed Bath & Beyond! I went and got this heavy duty massager. I’ve been using it all weekend. Feels so horrible (seriously when I use it on my calf muscle I almost want to cry), but I know it has to be good for me. Need to work on all my aching muscles. Good grief, my poor body. This is a heavy burden indeed to carry about all day.

This morning I actually did 20 minutes of the walking video. Although steps are still a challenge and my leg hurts really bad still, I am happy to say I am not limping! Hopefully my leg will be ready for soccer on July 1st when soccer starts again. I’ve seriously got to be so careful! Tonight I think I’m ready for the treadmill. It will be slow, but that’s okay. I’ve decided that being in 9th place in the steps program is okay and could not be helped considering my leg injury. I’m content and happy. All you can do is make the most of things, right?

No comments: