Monday, March 23, 2009

WEAKLY Results

So I woke up Saturday with much anticipation. True to my word, I didn’t weigh in all week long. And I looked at how I did the first couple of weeks and stuck to that amount as far as caloric intake is concerned. I was so looking forward to a high weight loss. I was really expected 340 because I had done amazingly well! I had said no to so many things-all the goodies at Bonco night and everyone going to yummy places for lunch at work. I had resisted the daily urge to go out for breakfast. Now my “womanly troubles” had started, so I thought that perhaps 6 pounds was a lot to ask. I was thinking realistically that 3 would be great. I stepped on that scale, practically screaming inside “SHOW ME THE WEIGHT LOSS!” So you can imagine my total shock when I saw the # go up 3 ½ pounds. So I was 349 ½. I just stared at in total disbelief. And then the anger and just utter despair hit me. I seriously didn’t stop crying for about 2 hours. It was awful. Poor Adam. He was at the gym most of the time. He figured I was being a slacker, so after his trainer session he came back to grab me for cardio. He had no idea what he was coming home to. I couldn’t even talk. I couldn’t hear the pep talk from him I just couldn’t so I told him I couldn’t talk yet. Luckily he knew I wasn’t mad at him. He did some cleaning and then went back to the gym, came back and checked on me. Finally I cried to him for nearly an hour. I told him how I just couldn’t take working so hard and not only to not lose, but to gain was just way too devastating. I didn’t want to see it again. I just couldn’t take it. I wanted to give up. What is the point? You work so hard and yet you don’t see the fruits of your labor? It just doesn’t make sense. I told him how hard it was especially because I’m working so hard on getting to a good weight for the wedding and I’m so focused and determined so I’m frustrated. That damn 350 thing is still haunting me.

He helped me figure it out. I guess you can gain up to 5 pounds on your period. We figured out that for me, I may need to work out a lot more too. I need to add some workouts in the morning. I just may have a uber slow metabolism. It may not seem fair, but we all have our obstacles. Some people have kids so they have to balance that out. We all just have things that we need to deal with. Obstacles are just a part of life. So I can either cry about it and never reach my goal, or I can step it up a few notches and figure it out. So I’m going to keep the calories the same and add the extra workouts and see if my next week’s weigh in is better. I can make some adjustments to the caloric intake if needed then.

So this morning I worked out for 30 minutes and Adam isn’t working out tonight, but I will do another video workout tonight after we have dinner at his family’s. I will not let this get the better of me, even though on Saturday for about 2-3 hours, I just about did.

No comments: