Friday, March 27, 2009

THURSDAY

Well here we are again! Just taking it one day at a time. I seem to have the hardest time in the morning. Seriously something in me just wants to eat McDonalds for breakfast every day. The most evil side actually wants to go to Burger King and have a sausage croissant combo with a mocha joe and an order of cinni minis. I think that’s almost 1000 calories right there. Gross. Lots of fat and sodium to boot. But damn its yummy! So in the mornings, every part of me just wants that. Isn’t that weird? What is the reason for that? Is it because I’m tired and you think that food makes it better? Does your body just crave fat? I just don’t know what it is. But thankfully Adam actually makes most of my breakfast as I do our dinner. What a sweet man! So my eggs are already ready and I find that once I sit down and eat all my breakfast, I am satisfied and no longer hungry, so its just getting through it. I have a really decent breakfast, so often I have to remind myself when its snack time. Experts really do recommend the 5-6 small meals to keep your metabolism up to par, and I think that has proven to be the best method for me. Its not until the afternoon when I really start to snack. I eat lunch as late as possible so that I can work through the cravings. If I have a piece of candy at work, I don’t sweat it. If I get one every time I go by the front desk, then there is a problem.
Some days lunch is hard. Like today, coworkers came back with their yummy smelling greasy & salty foods as usual. I seriously have to stop myself from grabbing my keys and picking something up. I remind myself that I have a lunch already that I just need to heat up and that it is healthy and what my body needs. Its low calorie and will help me make my dreams come true. Specifically, it will help me get in that wedding dress one day and help me get to a healthy weight where I could pop out a kid or two that I keep dreaming about. (Just a couple nights ago, we had an adorable little girl with blue eyes and curly blonde hair).
I’ve been super sore today from yesterday’s massive workout. My knees, back, and heels remind me how this is tough on a broad at this weight. But I just smile and work through the pain, because it will get easier.
Tonight is my cleaning night, so typically I count that as my workout. But since I’m doing the double my previous workouts, I’m going to do an hour of cardio first and then do my 2 hour cleaning. I know that I will need to do the workout first. If I say I will do it after I clean, I know I will be tired and want to not do it. Planning ahead! It really helps.
Every step I take just helps me get that much closer to my goal. Don’t worry about the past, don’t worry about how big the goal seems, just work on right now, today and exercise and eat right and everything will be fine.
Later same night:
Well I did do my workout first-Jillian’s killer workout video and then cleaned for an hour and a half. Wahoo yeah me.

No comments: