Friday, March 20, 2009

The Icing on the Cake

I have to take a moment to self-reflect here and essentially pat myself on the back a little. Yes, its taken a long long time, and I’ve gone back and forth more than Anne Heche (on the SCALE in my case anyways) But I’m truly happy about it. I can smell the 300 pound mark only a month or two from now. I honestly can’t remember when I was under 300, but I can tell you it was many years ago.

So recently I took a picture after I recently got my hair done. It had been a while since I updated my pics on MySpace & Facebook and all that. So I thought the best time is right after my hairdresser did it. They always seem to do It better than I can. So anyway I updated my pictures and that was that. I honestly had no idea the comments that would be made.
In MySpace, I used to talk on the forums, months ago. Lately every once in a while I will get on and chat. A lot of the same people I used to chat with are on there. A couple people started commenting on how great I looked, and I thought it was just the new hairdo. But then suddenly people are making tons of comments in the forum and a few sent me personal messages saying over and over how much weight I have lost and how they can totally tell. I was floored.
Some of the comments:


"You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... Seriously, how much have you lost now!!!"

"YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!"

"Hope you and your SO are doing great. You look wonderful!"

"Wow, you look like you've knocked off another 40 pounds since your last pic. At least. Good work!"

"You do look great... love your hair too."

"BTW, Holly you look great. I can see a remarkable difference from your earlier photos to now in terms of weight loss. The cute cut suits you well too."

"Wow did you shave off 200 pounds or something……"

I mean wow! I can’t believe people could tell so much and that they are talking about ME of all people. But I keep forgetting, although lately I’ve only lost so much, at my heaviest I was 414 and I have some pics at that weight on MySpace. So I’ve really done great! I just need to keep it up. I know I can do it.

Yes the 350 mark has kinda kicked my ass. I seem to get stuck there a lot. I have gone from 350-380 like 85 times in the last 4 years. But that doesn’t matter anymore. I can’t change that. Yeah it would be great if I had just kept at it and then I’d be at my ideal now. But I didn’t. All I can really do now is LEARN from it. Just make sure that I keep at it. When I fall, I just need to get right back up and keep plugging away. I am a lucky girl. I have the time, I have the know-how, the support, I have all the resources, and we all know I have the gumption! So yee haw baby, the sky is the limit!

Oh wow those comments thought! The important thing is that I’m changing my life. I’m actually DOING it for once, and not just talking about it. That is the important thing. I will feel so much better on my wedding day AND I will be in a much better position to have babies!
I may be focusing on it a tad bit too much, but I have to admit it’s totally awesome people noticing. I can’t lie about that. I know its just one of the fringe benefits, but it feels incredible. It makes my smile really really big! It truly is the icing on the cake.

No comments: