Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bowling Nazi

So Sunday night we went bowling with Adam’s family @ the All Star Lanes in Sandy. Everything was going great until this family got the lanes next to us. Now I’m as big of a fan as the next person when it comes to taking pictures. But I’m pretty sure these guys must’ve been visiting from another planet where bowling doesn’t exist. It’s the only way I can explain why it’s really necessary to take about 10 pictures each and EVERY time someone in their party would bowl. Yeah seriously, I’m barely exaggerating here.
At first it was kind of cute to watch. They were teaching their little ones to bowl. Who doesn’t love kids. I love kids, they’re delicious. (Totally kidding-that one is for you Ian who doesn’t even read my blog lol).
Well and you know the whole bowling etiquette where you need to wait for the person next to you, and then you go. It’s just kind of a courtesy thing that we all like to practice. Well it kept getting increasingly more difficult and annoying. It would take like 3 minutes for the dad to teach the ol’ bowling skills, while all the kids are up there no matter whose turn it was to bowl. So there is at least a kid or two in our lane. I guess their kids getting hit by a bowling ball wasn’t a fear they had.
When things like this happen you have to think that the parents are just so in the moment they are probably not even noticing how their kids are disturbing you. Its hard to keep track of everything. But it just kinda went too far when the mom would come into our lane to take a few pictures. Sheesh people, there are other people who exist in this world besides yourself. How does one get to be so flippin’ annoying and obnoxious. I mean seriously, are they conscious of it, do they value their own importance over yours or are they just completely oblivious. Who knows?
So finally, I’m about at the end of my rope, when Valerie (future mother-in-law) tells them that they really can’t be in our lane where we are trying to bowl. Oh it was seriously awesome. I was expecting them to apologize profusely and be embarrassed, which is what I would have done. I would have been highly mortified.
But not these guys-no siree. They were indeed shocked at her gall to call them on their crap. They just kept glaring at us and Valerie like we were the spawn of Satan or something. Oh it was highly enjoyable. I couldn’t stop smiling to myself. The husband kept commenting that there was going to be a cat fight.
Bring it on bitches. Ha ha. But seriously, try to be considerate of others and realize that they do exist and that you and your existence isn’t the only one that matters. Just TRY. And don’t be afraid to call people out on things. Its not mean. Its just standing up for yourself.

No comments: