Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday & Monday-the "CLEANSE" craze

Sunday:
Okay day one of the cleanse. I really am lucky, it’s not as bad as The Master cleanse I tried once. On that one you keep drinking this nasty concoction of lemon, syrup, and cayenne pepper. My whole team at work tried it a few years ago. We all lasted about 3 days. Miserable stuff.
So 3 days of just veggies and fruits, I really shouldn’t complain. But you know its one of greater qualities. I can find a way to complain about anything. LOL. I just don’t ever really feel that full on veggies and fruits. So we’ll see how it goes. Of course I’m gonna do it, even if it kills me. I just really really have to do it. I really want to see a 33x number next week. How cool would that be! Correction, how cool WILL that be?
So I already had breakfast of fruit. You have to eat as much veggies as you do fruit, so my next snack will be veggies. And of course you can’t have ranch or anything yummy like that lol. I can have a red potato for lunch. Of course not any butter or anything, but still it will be rather filling.
……….Well nows its 5:30. And if you don’t already know, you will soon find that I am the biggest whiner in the universe. POOR ADAM. That is all I can say. He has gotten more than an earful.
Can I just say that veggies and fruits are not very filling! I miss the egg whites and the chicken I used to eat SO bad its not even funny. I really don’t know how I’m going to do 2 more days of this. Craziness. It has just really sucked big time. Ugh, I have to stop blogging about it. I can’t think about it.

Monday:
As much as I wanted to punch Heather (hee hee not really) for coming up with this horrible diet, I lost 4 ½ pounds since yesterday. Sunday I discovered from cheat Saturday I’d gained back 1 ½ pounds (totally to be expected). So yeah I’m 340 right now. That insane. I was hoping to be 337 by Saturday. I think that is definitely going to happen easy. Right now I’m shooting for 335. I could totally do better, but after 3 days you gradually add stuff, so its not going to be losing 4 pounds a day.
Its so funny last night I was complaining and telling Adam I didn’t think I could do day 2 and 3 and might skip to day 4 where you get to add 2 carbs. But then I weighed myself and I decided hell no am I going to skip those days. I can do this!!!!
The diet still concerns me a little. Its so low calorie-I mean you can only eat so many fruits & veggies. But to be honest, underneath all this fat I have a ton of muscle too. So I actually need to lose some muscle too in the grand scheme of things. So its ok really if I lose some of that. I think this “cleanse” is more so you have totally pure foods going into your system and helping cleaning you out and bursting up your metabolism. Well whatever it does, me likey J
Today honestly is a little easier than yesterday. Perhaps yesterday was so incredibly hard because I’d had such a high caloric day the previous day. I just seriously never felt even close to sated. Fruits & veggies are wonderful, but they don’t fill me up in and of themselves. I just really missed like crazy those carbs and protein that really stay with you. It was miserable yesterday. My stomach all day long had that icky feeling in it too which was really hard at the gym I have to say. I kept eating as many as I could stomach as I don’t want to starve myself.
Today is easier for some reason. Maybe I’m more used to it or whatever. Perhaps my tummy has shrunk a little. I don’t know. But I’m GRATEFUL. And when coworkers start bringing back their yummy fast food, I will have to just think. 4 ½ POUNDS SO FAR!!!! DON’T GIVE UP.
The cool thing about this diet is every few days it increases slightly. Eventually on day 10 you are on a very reasonable diet that you can follow thereafter. She mentioned that some people will do that for a week and then start over. Call me crazy but I just may do that.
I’m finding I’m stronger than I think. Mind over matter. Or mind over tummy to be more specific.

No comments: