Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Diet Coke Blues

Monday, March 16, 2009
Meh. Whose brilliant plan was this to have no Diet soda? Oh yeah M-I-N-E. It’s funny, Adam’s mom lost all her weight and drank Diet Coke like it was water. For some reason it just affects me more. I really get all uber bloaty and it just makes it increasingly difficult to lose weight. But damn, I love that stuff. Its like Mother’s milk to her. Hee hee, that is a movie quote but probably most people wouldn’t get it. (The actual quote is “Gin was like mother’s milk…”. Google it!


So yeah anyway, have you ever noticed as soon as you restrict something, its ALL you want, all you can think about??? Arggh. Trust me this morning I’m hearing that gorgeous sound over and over of when someone opens up a can of pop. Ahhh, only a true addict can really relish the sound of that. I liken it to the beautiful sound candy makes being poured into a glass dish. Rain falling on the pavement, or money falling to the ground. OMG I’m pathetic! Let’s just hope on the training videos at work I’m making that I’m not putting pictures of Diet Coke or slogans into it. See, this is why I can’t give my little sister too much guff for smoking. I have way more addiction problems than she could ever dream of, so I’m certainly not one to judge.
Oh sheesh, now someone is making popcorn and I can smell that glorious buttery smell. Mmmmmm, all I need to be happy is Diet Coke, butter, and chocolate brownies with frosting, but not all necessarily together.


But truthfully I’m not hungry. This morning I had my one egg, one egg white, oatmeal, and a banana. Then for a snack I had an apple, cottage cheese, and some soy nuts. It will certainly tide me over until lunch. So quit complaining!


…..So its nearly lunch time. I’ve had 2 cups of coffee and 2 containers of 24 ounces of water. And it just seems to go right through me. Yep, been to the bathroom roughly 6 times today. Sheesh But it must be done people. I need to get to that 200 pounds by next April.
Yup, we moved the date up to April. If I lose 4 pounds a week until then I could be to about 200. If I work hard and don’t cheat I know I can do it!


Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I don’t know why, but somehow I thought it would be easier today going without the Diet Coke lol. I am still peeing like every 3 seconds practically.


But I’m doing really good. People are eating pizza and yummy Chinese food and the scents are permeating the air, but I’m just shrug my shoulders and am doing just great. If I lose my 6 pounds I can have a nice cheat on Saturday so I’m all good

No comments: