Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too Fat for the Gym?



Are you one of those who gets embarrassed at the gym? Some just don’t like to sweat in public. Some may feel like an obstacle. Long ago, I really used to be that way. I had a real complex about it. I hated how fat and unattractive I felt. And although I don’t care now because I have Adam, it wasn’t so long ago when I felt pangs of jealousy at the more healthy girls. The gyms can seem like such a meat market, and sometimes viewing it can be annoying and really stir up those dark envious feelings. I have to admit, a small evil part of me really wanted to smack all those cute skinny chicks with “Juicy” written on their ass and who prance about like princesses at the gym? You know who I’m talking about-the skinny bitches. They work out in their sports bras. They have perfectly tone bodies and perfectly primped hair and make-up which is completely annoying. I’m sorry, but why the hell do you do your hair and make-up for the gym? I used to drag my butt at 5 AM and hit the gym, and there were still some of those. I used to be mad, bitter, angry about it.
But these feelings are just not healthy. What a waste of emotion. Now I enjoy the ambiance of the gym immensely. Its highly enjoyable to watch the flirting and staring. I’m amused by women who work out on a machine for 2 minutes and then switch to another one to be seen. But in all honesty, 24-Hour Fitness is not such a meat market as Gold’s was, so a lot of that childishness is gone. Most of the people are there to actually work out! Wow, what a concept!
And I know its hard, it just like how difficult it was going dancing. I’m sorry but who wants to see this butt and stomachs (yes, its pluralized as there are many) jiggle about? It is frightful and I am embarrassed about it. However, I am so proud of myself for being there. And you know what, most people are fine with it to be honest. You are working out for crying out loud! Its not like you are in the mall eating a pizza by yourself. If they are making fun or thinking stuff, so what. It doesn’t matter what they think! Focus on why you are there.
For instance last night. Last night I put on my headphones and listened to my music on my ipod. I have listened to tv for so long, I forgot the power of music to me. It made me work out so hard. I turned it up loud and just ignored everyone else. The fast music encouraged me to go faster, it really felt like it was giving me power. I just sweated like a pig and was happy as a claim. I was just so proud of myself. Honestly people are asses who watch the Biggest Loser and make fun of them when they work out. How immature do you have to be?
But here is the universal truth ok. People can be total assholes. It’s the truth. But that is just life. GET OVER IT. If you really can’t do the gym, then go walk around your block or walk at the gym when its busy and not many people are there. Do what you have to do. I’m just saying, don’t let it impede you. Don’t use it as an excuse to start your life! Because when we make the excuses like we don’t have time, money, the tools, etc aren’t they just excuses? Of course they are! I’m not saying its easy, but its worth it. START TODAY AND STICK WITH IT! You are in complete control. You can make your dreams come true. Its up to you.


Remember the three rules and you’ve got it made:
1. Get Moving-burn some calories!
2. Put down the fork! Eat less
3. Drink plenty of water
That’s all there is to it people.


1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

I totally have to agree about girls working out with their face smeared with make-up and their hair done. Are they seriously there to workout?? My hair is always in a ponytail, half falling out, no makeup no eyelashes no eyebrowns (because they have to have makeup to bring them out;)My workout pants are usually wrinkled, the shirt doesnt match the pants, you get the picture but I do to WORKOUT not show off. Isnt that what the gym is for?? also dont even get me started on people not brushing their teeth before they workout. I want to vomit! thanks for the entertaining post!