Monday, February 2, 2009

My Bodybugg and Me


Saturday, January 31, 2009:
Well today I got my Valentines Day/1 Year Anniversary present early J I got the Bodybugg I’ve been drooling over for a while now. I’d actually seen it at the gym but had no idea what it was. Then Heather (Adam’s trainer) told me about it. She definitely had many reasons to recommend it to me. She knows that I struggle with the food part of things and sometimes lately even working out. I think I like it for different reasons then she had intended, but I’ll get to that later.
I wanted to get it Friday night actually when we went to the gym, but a manager apparently needs to be there. I was highly annoyed but worked out hard anyway without it. So we got it Saturday afternoon when Adam had the trainer. It has to be charged etc, so I couldn’t use it yet. I was antsy to say the least. I even tried to sneak off early to get my greedy hands on it and start reading the user’s manual, but Heather caught me and made me get back to my back workout. So I spent the afternoon/early evening figuring it all out and charging it up. I couldn’t wait to start using it.
Sunday, February 1, 2009 - Day One with Bodybugg system:
So today was my first official full day with the Bodybugg. It is really cool and I have to say I’m very pleased thus far. MORE than pleased. Seriously, I haven’t been so excited about a “diet” ever. But before I go off on that, I should probably explain the system to those who maybe don’t know what it does exactly.
In a nutshell, it tracks how many calories you burn throughout the day. When you sleep, when you clean, when you exercise, everything! I can’t tell you how cool this is. So anyway the point is, in order to lose weight you really need to burn more calories throughout the day than you take in. So this helps you manage all that.
So the first thing is you register it and charge it up. Then you go to the website and fill out a bunch of questions etc. You determine how much weight you want to lose and how quickly. Then it gives you some targets. You can also say how much you want to exercise etc.
So for example I put that in 12 weeks I want to lose 30 pounds, so I want to lose 2 pounds a week. So in order to do that I need to consume no more than 3050 calories and my target amount of calories to burn is 4050 calories. So I wear this thing on my arm and it tracks how many calories I burn, and its 90% effective. Then you track the food you eat. Now its not required, but highly recommended it so I’m doing it. And its easy. You just go to the website and click one button. Then you can type in the food and it finds it. I’ve just been doing that after each meal, but you can do it at night etc. I just like to update it more frequently. You only have to charge the thing every 5-7 days. Then, whenever you want, you can connect it so that the mechanism on your arm is updated on the website. That only takes seconds! So at any time you can see where you are that day for your goal.
You have all kinds of tools, even workouts to help you. Its seriously awesome! And this last month they had a special where a display is free-which is normally 100 just on its own. So you can easily synch it to the armband and it actually displays a lot of information. You can see how many steps, how many calories, etc that the armband is tracking. You can wear that as a watch or kind of as a pin. Its seriously so cool!
I really really dig this concept. It really helped me today and that is something! I was wondering why it is working so well, and why I’m so excited over it, and I think a big thing is because you are so AWARE of it. I mean here you are wearing this thing on your arm (you can wear it under a shirt, and it doesn’t hurt or anything) and you have a watch on displaying how many calories you have burned. So its constantly on your mind. Then at the gym I was so incredibly stoked! I couldn’t wait to see the actual number of how many calories I burned. At the gym, those machines are never accurate for me. Also, I really wanted to see the difference in some of the workouts, especially when it comes to cardio. In other words, is the Precor elliptical better or the other elliptical machines? Do I burn more jogging/walking on treadmill? How much do I burn on the stairmaster? Its all very very interesting to me.
And here is another great thing. You actually WANT to see the calories go up in how much you are burning. So you are EXCITED about the gym. How often does that happen?
I feel like I just really have to make this work. I know I’ve tried many many different things and gotten excited only to fall and fail. But none of that matters. All that matters is now. I have found a valuable thing and I need to keep using it. Keep getting excited about it. Of course I will have a bad day, but I just need to keep stepping forward. That is the point of it all.
I’m just so excited to make this work. I’ve tried so many things and tried so hard. I want to make something happen this time. I want to get to that 300 mark! I’m willing to work hard. I see now how much work is involved, and I’m going to do it. Let me tell you, at the gym, it really kicked my butt today, I was sweating like crazy. It wasn’t easy hitting my goal mark of calories I needed to burn. But its so going to be worth it! Think of that wedding dress!

No comments: