Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Any Weight Loss Last Week?




Monday, January 26, 2009
I sleepily creep into the frigid laundry room/pantry where our big scale is. (Thank you Grandpa McAffee) I was so very excited to see it. I felt like one of the contestants on the Biggest Loser! I couldn’t wait to see what it would say. My goal was 4-5 pounds. I just know I did it. Images of the past week floated in my mind-the first week in like forever where I actually worked out 5 times, every time Adam did and just as hard. I had really pushed myself this time. Although my food hadn’t been perfect, it was really rather good! I was proud of myself, eager to see how many pounds. Although sometimes I weigh every day, I hadn’t in days so the anticipation was killing me!
I stepped on and…………..
WTF!!!! Hmmm, perhaps wasn’t quite as good as I thought I was! Although I was hurt, sad, disappointed, and all the other icky emotions, I quickly snapped out of it. After all, it still is a loss. Sometimes you lose big, sometimes it isn’t much. Sometimes you gain. But all that matters is that you keep going and see the bigger picture. So I will keep at it! Eat right and exercise!

No comments: