Wednesday, January 7, 2009

TEARS, BREASTS, & BRIDAL WARS..........

I’m fairly confident that such a title (see above) has never before been written………
Wowsers! Its been WAY too long since I’m blogged.
So before I get to the title, here are some other topics of interest:


HEALTHWISE:
So I went up a LOT over the holidays, BUT I’m back to where I was before them so that is great. No more holidays for a long time, so it should be MUCH easier. Kudos to Lisa who inspired me to write yet again even when I haven’t done well………and to keep blogging (and not play wow so much lol)

I did just get my hair done and I’m contemplating getting my nails done. I hate paying for it honestly, but it does make me feel all girly etc. They say beauty is from within, but can anyone see really see my inner beauty (well except that one time I had an ultrasound)………j/k I really agree that beauty is from within-its NOT just something ugly people say (that movie quote is from Linzie who BETTER know it).

But, having said that, I have noticed that I have more confidence on days where I get a little more “dolled up”. Not sure that guys feel the same way, but for most of us women, we feel more pretty when we have a little make up and our hair is nice. When you are happier, you are more apt to take better care of yourself, so its part of my overall improvement of myself………(also perhaps because I’m seeing my friends Kari and Justin tonight who really notice these things!)
So anywho, I’ve been super sick and running around doing stuff, need to refocus on the gym. I felt super horrible, but I’m feeling somewhat better so I need to get back there. I did meet my goal last week, but for this week its looking kinda grim so far (might be due to the buttered popcorn last night)

TEARS/BREASTS/BRIDAL WARS:
Yes still with Adam and no, not married or engaged yet. But yikes the pressure! I love his family dearly but they are all pushing this June thing and Adam and I definitely want to get married, but don’t want to be pushed into it, we want to feel like we are doing it because we actually want to do it. But it was funny. Monday his family kept teasing me-and I just adore them. Goodness they got more presents for me for Christmas than they did Adam. I seriously seriously love them! There is no one out there with better future in-laws. I count my blessings in that regard highly. So they were laying it on thick Monday, then Tuesday morning his aunt (whom I work with) started how we should just have a triple marriage with Adam’s cousins in June. So everyone is pushing June and even other coworkers are asking if I’m getting married in June. And then Monday night I dreamt that Adam proposed and I was pregnant also. And then last night I watched the movie Bridal Wars! YIKES!!!!!

Well and to be honest, I love him with all my heart. He is amazing and I want his babies and to grow old with him! But seriously I’m in a debt program so no mula and no one to help pay for a wedding AND I’m too chunky to get in a wedding dress. I refuse to do it!!!! I don’t need to be my ideal weight, but I need to get at least 100 pounds off this body before I start trying on dresses. So anyway those are my reasons.

So last night during the movie though, which is hilarious by the way. You totally need to see it! Anyway I couldn’t stop crying my eyes out. One of the fighting brides lost her parents, and see I have this little issue I need to deal with. At Laurie’s wedding I couldn’t stop crying because it just felt so wrong that my mother wasn’t there and I remember feeling so sad for Laurie and for me when I get married one day……..so this movie I have to tell you was pretty unreal. I’m not used to this. I’ve been single forever. Normally I love during these chick flicks or wedding movies, but if I was depressed I would get really sad. There were many times I was resolved in thinking that I wouldn’t get married. I tried to deal with it, but sometimes it was overwhelming……….so anyway lots of emotions as I watched that movie anyway. And sometimes maybe you just need to cry……..but after the movie I just cried my eyes out for like 2 hours. I’m so grateful to my sisters Laurie, Jen, and Adam who comforted me.
I was so sad thinking of getting married without my mother. I just miss her so much sometimes. But Laurie helped comfort me and told me she knew mom was at hers. And on that day its okay to just be happy. Mom would want it that way.

PUBLIC NUDITY!!!!

So there was some comic relief, and I hate even writing it after such an emotional display….but here goes. ………….I FEEL SO VIOLATED! Here we are in the theatre, you know PUBLIC movie theatre, and suddenly, missy in front of us plops out her naked B-R-E-A-S-T (nipples and all) in front of God and everyone to feed her young child. NO BLANKET PEOPLE!!!! Now I am not one of those that freaks out over people breast feeding. Some people can’t handle it at all. I’m not overly modest, I get it-you gotta feed your kid. Personally not sure I could in public even with a blanket, maybe with family (and only adults),…………..EEEEK. Seriously felt so uncomfortable with that.

But it got worse. So she stops for a bit and her naked breast still just hanging out for all to see. Then after she is done, baby is sleeping and for the rest of the movie her breast is still out!!!! Hello, thought the movie was PG, but it just got bumped up to PG-13.
Yikes, sorry but this is just so wrong on so many levels. And I know there is a huge movement about there and the beauty and naturalness of this and how women should be able to do it, well fine but GET A BLANKET!!!!! For the love of all that is holy! Hello, if I had kids or teenagers I would have been QUITE upset and I might have said “hey lady, put dem things away” Perhaps I'm a prude, but to me that is so disrespectful!!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa P. said...

you are hilarious (as always). I loved the recount of "boobgate 2009";) too funny. I'm glad we all went out. It was so fun. I'm sorry you had an emotional night. I sat by you and didnt even know! Getting married without my mom was hard, but I felt like Laurie did that she was there and she was happy. Somehow you get through it and enjoy the day even though it is in the back of your mind. I feel for you girl! Hang in there:) Good luck with all the things you're working on. love ya!

Our Dowland Journal said...

hi