Friday, November 7, 2008

Why is the Rum gone? Halloween madness



Okay so I know this blog is about my phentrimine experience (which by the way, I keep thinking I'm spelling that word wrong and different every time lol) but I do have a life (well kinda) outside of the diet. Actually thats kind of a lie, because my boyfriend got me addicted to WoW (yes I'm one of THOSE nerds now)....so no, I have no life now! Do you not know what WoW is? View the following link that SouthPark did on it and you will get an idea:








It is really fun but way addicting that game. But anyway I wanted to talk about Halloween!!!! Since it is my favorite holiday in the world!!!! And I just found out that my best friend in high school plays so I'm stoked about that! (Yeah, I'm not the ONLY nerd lol)







Halloween:1. WORK: We were able to decorate our desks this year and had a contest. I came in second place sadly! I actually had a LOT of fun decorating. I had kind of a skull theme going on everywhere in Paul's and my office. I made these spiders and I made shrunken heads out of apples. So cool! I'll have to post a pic. Anyway it was a riot. But I was pretty mad because they were doing this HUGE halloween thing but on THURSDAY even though Halloween was on Friday. So lame! Thursday is my day off so I was pretty bummed to miss all the kiddies etc.




2. FAMILY PARTY: Ok so we went to my family party. Adam always has such a hard time with it. And he adores my family and they love him. But he is more the type that likes to go for an hour and then be done, and my family parties are always hours long. Its just what we do because we don't meet often. So he is tortured. I think its good for him though.



But this year's halloween party was so fun. Deb and I were in charge this time. We did our basic chilli and some desserts. Poor Hailey, my niece, broke her collarbone right before the party, they were still able to come but poor thing couldn't wear her princess outfit.


Of course we had the place all decorated and had the punch bowl with hand ice so it looks like a hand in blood. It was pretty fun. Then Deb and I had this whole carnival planned. We started with a mad lib that I had written that just had us in tears (I'll have to dig it out and post it as its really pretty cute, even though only my family would get why its so funny) Then we started with the games. We had some for everyone: bingo, a guess how many game, costume contest. Kids games like pin the tail on the witch etc and adult games-Halloween word game, tray guessing game, and halloween trivia game. And of course we had our Q-tip game (you try to throw q-tips in a cup which is harder than it sounds). The prizes went over really well. Man I love halloween!

3-Adam's family Halloween party-Ok this is the killer. So funny. So Adam hasn't drunk in quite a while and I was teasing that we haven't even drunk together really. Neither of us are much of a drinker. I had a margarita with his parents once, but thats it. So we were offered some really good wine and each had a glass. His family was so excited that he came to the party (It was Aunt Cathi-his aunt who set us up that had the party at her house and did a WONDERFUL job). I'm so lucky! I adore all of his family. They tease Adam that if he ever breaks up with me that they will keep me and ditch him. They love how they see Adam more now that I'm in the picture. They always do a family night on Mondays, but other parties he wouldn't always go to, and if he did he would bring a laptop. So anyway all the men were drinking in the back and Adam and I were dressed up. He was a pirate and I was his wench (see pic). So anyway they decided that since he was dressed as a pirate he may as well drink. So I became the desiganted driver and just had the wine and a couple sips of what he had.

And so the drama began. A neighboor had brought this blood red vodka. So the problem was that Adam thought it was a mixed drink. IT WASN'T! So he had 2 full drinks which was the same as about 5-6 shots, not to mention the rum and coke he had (on top of the wine he started off with)......I dont have much experience but apparently not only did he have too much, but you aren't supposed to MIX different types of drinks or you will get sick as well. EEEK.

Also, he has lost 60 pounds since the last time he drank so he is kind of a lightweight now anyway.....so we head off to his Grandma's. It hadn't really hit him yet. He just seemed kinda giddy. Sure enough, as soon as we get inside at his grandma's it hits him! Let's just say we were in and out of there real quick! So here I am with this drunken pirate of a boyfriend with his MOM there too and Im thinking "Oh man, they aren't gonna let us get married now cuz I got him drunk!"

On the way home he called nearly all of his friends, apparently he is really into drunken calling. I was laughing so hard I could hardly drive myself. He kept telling everyone how much he loved them. My favorite is when he told his brother Nicky "We just went to Grandma's house and I don't even remember going there". Oh man it was so funny.

But then, it became a lesson of why its bad to drink so much. Personally I think moderation in all things and that a social drink here or there is not harmful. But yikes, when you drink too much you can realy get sick and some get alcohol poisening so its kind of no laughing matter (although I admit I mostly laughed that night).....so I practically have to carry him inside and before I could run and get a bucket ...well you can guess what happened. Yeah in my favorite pair of shoes and then all over the toilet and walls. ICK. He felt so so bad. He kept saying he would clean it etc etc. Hello! He couldn't even stand! And I felt pretty responsible too so I couldn't complain as I should've done a better job preventing it.

But anyway part of it was kinda sweet (well you know not the cleaning up ickiness part). He kept asking me if we had kids and now I realize I really missed an opportunity to mess with him. He kept telling me how much he loves me and how he hopes I marry him.............you know drunk people tell no lies so that made me smile.

Anyway point is, don't drink too much!!!!






















No comments: