Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week in Review……

Best/Prescious Moments of the Week

  • Playing Bonco with Adam's family-the laughing, treats, Diet Coke! (especially laughing at putting "non-sexual favors" on Valerie, Adam's mom's check hee hee hee)
  • Fireworks: Doing fireworks at Kim's. Kiya being adorable and so being baby-hungry! (Kiya so looks like Adam, I just can't wait to have our own little child!)
  • Hazel: Holding Daisy and Robby's baby for like more than an hour, trying to hold back tears and reminding myself to leave the baby when I leave their house.

Funny Moments

  • Work Story: Overhead funny conversation between Laura and Pamela (from implementation) where they are talking about manicures etc and Laura says "Oh and guess what I'm going to get before I go on my trip?" Pam says "A pedafile?" lol! Speaking of which I really need a pedicure! Good times, good times!
  • Bonco Story: I'm mid-sentence, telling everyone how Jevan (my ex-step brother) calls Adam (who he works with) his future ex-step-brother-in-law but as I'm saying it I get Bonco so I'm saying "….and so Jevan says………….BONCO!!!!". So does not really sound that funny right now, but in a group with 12 women, we get really giddy! How I love those women.

Stress-ball Moments

  • Arguing with Jen: Oh how we know how to fight! The funny thing is most of the time I can't even remember what starts half of our arguments. We argued about the details of our 24th celebration. Silly silly stuff.
  • Work:
    • Training: This past week I took on Paul's training of new hires. So funny, it was actually good for me because there haven't been any on-sites for a long, long time. I haven't trained since our past system updates so I had a lot of preparing to do for this one.
    • User's Conference: I was thinking of NOT focusing at all on User's Conference but we had a meeting during lunch this week and had started making plans and discussed all the times the documentation has to be done and when the dry runs are. And there is a lot to do besides conference and I started stressing out. Oh, I know we will do it. And we had it last year, but my goodness are my classes harder this time. CRAZINESS! (And BTW, I know everyone is thinking we are crazy for waiting until April to get married, but in retrospect I'm SO glad that I am not planning a wedding right around User's Conference time. That would be NUTS!)

Sweet & Sour

  • Cry Fest: Had another minor breakdown which is silly. I lost another pound which is GOOD but I'm not patient. Just don't understand why it doesn't happen quicker. But just need to be happy with it and go forth and keep working! I did good this week.

Enlightening Moments

  • Walter Kronkite: So I watched quite a bit of this special on Discovery about Kronkite's life. It was pretty amazing all of the historical events he experienced. We just have no idea in this day and age of the internet. For instance, I remember freaking out when I needed a phone # and the internet was down the other day, and OMG I actually had to open up a phone book! LOL so clueless we are. We have no idea what it was like-the Depression. BEFORE the internet and cell phones. It amazes me. Who knows what we will be telling our grandchildren that will amaze them (other than, whoa, grandma you were born in the 1900's?) And that's how it is! (PS, I think my grandfather adored that man, I'm sure he somehow arranged to meet him up there. Go grandpa!)

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

Sounds like a fun filled week. Don't be too hard on yourself. as they say a loss is a loss. celebrate!