Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Monday is the Day!


 

My Challenge

This week I am challenging myself to the extreme. I must be perfect on the diet this week! I mean I don't care I guess if I have a tic tac. But I mean that I have to stick to my meal plans. None of the following (which I have been guilty of in the past):

  • Burger King or McDonald's breakfasts
  • Chocolate from Harmon's or gas stations
  • Rice crispy treats from gas stations
  • Buttercream maple bars (Harmon's)
  • Pizza or chicken bakes from Costco

Today!

Because I have to remember that every moment counts. There is no I'll start tomorrow. I am doing it NOW. I can't do better tomorrow. I must do better NOW

I just feel so good about today and this week and my health "quest".

10:57 AM : Snack time. I love this diet. I don't feel at all guilty about the 2300 calories I'm allotted. Why is it we feel that it's too much? Perhaps I'm comparing myself to skinny people's diets where they are on 1200 calories or something?

Something just makes us feel like you have to eat LESS to lose right. But it just isn't true. Its WHAT you eat. Eating LESS calories does not equal eating less. But such a strange concept to grasp I think.

Obstacles I OVERCAME TODAY/THINGS I DID RIGHT:

Because I do deserve the kudos and as this is a weakness, I want to remember the things I did RIGHT. Why? Because these are the things I need to do over and over. I need to remember them so I can KEEP doing them.

  • I didn't have a 3rd Diet Pepsi when I wanted one. I'm sticking to the no more than 2 (would be happier if I only have 1 or none every day, but I'm willing to accept it. Way better than the 5-6 I could have on bad days lol)
  • I didn't have pretzels or popcorn as an additional snack when I wanted it
  • Resisted urge to have leftovers from today's training (lunch)

PLAN FOR TONIGHT:

Adam is working late, and I too often have used this and my leg that I injured as an excuse to not exercise. Unacceptable. So I have it all mapped out-a little cleaning, some exercise, all written on a sticky. So lets see how I do!

SUCCESS!!!!

  • I worked out! I did a 25 minute walking video.
  • Got my cleaning done as well!
  • Continued sticking to the meal plan and feeling very positive


 

No comments: