Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Steady as a Rock……Finally!

SATURDAY
Today seemed to drag and drag!!! We were so looking forward to our cheat. We’d been good all week long. Worked so hard and exercised so much. I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into one of those Philadelphian sandwiches! I seriously wanted to march in there and scream “I want the biggest thing you have with cheese!” I know some people don’t believe in cheats, but seriously it was such motivation to stick to it the rest of the week. Every day coworkers ate their cheeseburger and fries or tacos. It was hard saying no to the candy bowl after walking past it 10 times a day and I wanted ice cream and donuts, but every time I had these cravings I just kept thinking “Hold on! You can make it until Saturday!
Oh and finally the time came! We seriously couldn’t drive there fast enough. We ordered our food and also went to Iceberg. I discovered my favorite flavor there is the Caramel Pecan. Oh yummy!
Well after all the wait, the sandwich wasn’t all that great. And their onion rings were actually really gross. Oh but the shake was so delicious!
But we were so sick, especially Adam. Now he doesn’t even want to go back there ever, and its his favorite place!!!! So I guess that’s what cheating too much teaches you.

MONDAY
Well for family night it was the birthday of like a bazillion people in Adam’s family so we went to the Bonsaii. Oh my gosh what a fun place! I’d never been there before. They make the food right in front of you, these funny Japanese men. They even throw food at you. It’s quite the entertainment!
But yikes it was so much food!!! A lot of it was quite healthy, and we really did try to be good, but mercy!

TUESDAY
Time to pay the piper! Rah I gained back 3 pounds. No worries though. I can lose it and more by Saturday. Nothing will get in my way now.
I worked out so hard today it’s unbelievable. I worked out in the morning and then at night when Adam had the trainer. I worked out for nearly 3 hours today. I did a ton of cardio and the leg workout from hell. Seriously I showed no mercy to myself! This will hopefully really pay off though.

WEDNESDAY
Wow, seriously wow! I lost the 3 pounds already. Yesterday was worth it! Oh I wish I had seen that BEFORE I slept in and missed my extra workout. Rah! I have a cold again and my legs were hurting so bad! This is what made it so hard to work out. Seriously, how do those people on the Biggest Loser workout for 5 hours or whatever they do??? I consider myself to be pretty athletic and that 3 hours nearly killed me. Kudos to them! I’m not worthy! I’m not worthy!
BTW I was watching it at the gym, which hello is so motivating!!! I seriously love that show. I nearly cried when the brown team did NOT get kicked off. Wahoo!!!!
It’s the only show I’ll let myself watch at the gym. I have found that music is so much better. If you are trying to lose weight and have a hard time at the gym, you seriously need to invest in an ipod. You also need to have a playlist specifically for the gym. I put really fast music on there. I highly recommend really fast and fun music. I really love 80’s music like “Hey Mickey”. Billy Jean rocks. My favorite though has been Elvis. Don’t laugh. My mom loved Elvis so she must approve. Anyway for reals, his fast music is so fast-paced. Don’t believe me? Listen to “Hound Dog”, “Jailhouse Rock”, or “I’m All Shook Up”. Listen to that and I guarantee you start moving on that machine twice as fast. You can’t help it. But beware, the people next to you just might give you crusties for looking so happy while working out.
Tonight we had something really yummy. You can only have chicken and veggies so many nights in a row. So we had ground turkey and cut up like 3 green peppers and 3 onions. Mixed it all together with manwich. We ate it with no bread, and it was delicious. Honestly with the sauce, you can’t even tell that its not hamburger and you don’t miss the bread. Its wonderful!

No comments: