Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I’m Not the Biggest Loser?????

Wednesday, February 4, 2009:
So after our workout last night Adam mentions to me that I should weight myself this morning just to kind of see how I’m doing. I was stoked to hear him say this because typically he believes you should only weigh once a week. So I was very excited to weigh in, especially after another tough work out last night and after watching the Biggest Loser.
So this morning I leaped onto that scale! Show me the weight loss! I’m happy to say that I have lost 2 ½ pounds so far. But soon thereafter, disappointment crept in. I think I was comparing myself to the folks on the Biggest Loser and how my sister had lost 10. I thought about how I’ve exercised really hard every day and am being so much better about nutrition, so for a few minutes I was rather melancholy.
So I had to slap myself silly to get me to wake up! Sheesh, I only started this thing Saturday afternoon, so its almost a pound a day that I have lost. I am crazy to expect more than that. This IS great. Whats the saying-Rome wasn’t built in a day? There is so much truth to that. Plus, I can’t compare myself to the people on the Biggest Loser. It is their full time job to lose weight. They work out for hours and hours as they are away from their jobs and normal obligations. You can’t expect yourself to lose like they do. It just doesn’t happen! And how impatient am I! Sheesh. I need to work on this, and not get angry and frustrated and sabotage my efforts. My goal is 8-10 pounds a month, so having already lost 2 ½ in just a few short days is well on the way!
You really have to reteach yourself in many ways. Reprogram that brain of yours. Be happy about every small success, because in the long run they will be huge! Just need to keep at it and be patient

No comments: