Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Laugh all day!!!!


Bizarre Sense of Humor……….

Do you find yourself laughing at things that aren’t supposed to be funny? Do you ever make jokes that no one gets but you? Welcome to my world!!!!! Thank heaven I found a man who is just as silly as I am!
I think I’ve had this “oddity” since I was a child. I remember my mother being furious at the airport when I told security that yes, lots of strange men had indeed asked me to carry things for them. I was so young and though it was such a strange question that security MUST be joking. My mother didn’t find it so funny.
Other things that have made or make me laugh: (some I’m ashamed to admit, others just REALLY are funny)
• When ice-skaters fall. (Oh come on, there is a part of you that finds it funny)

• My step mother’s version of the “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire” song (It goes-“Chipmunks roasting on an open fire, jack frost ripping off his clothes…………..Merry Christmas you jerk)


• When we got life insurance offer for my mom a week after she died. (In hindsight, we should have applied!)

• The time my best friend from high school and I went to visit my uncle in Cali and at the grocery store when asked if he wanted paper or plastic he replied “I don’t care. I’m bisexual”


• Random movie quotes: “Sometimes I bleed”; “Charlie belch, it’s the only way”; “You have the handwriting of a serial killer.” Or the movie “40 Year Old Virgin”. I can’t stop laughing the entire time even though I should probably be repulsed.

• My coworkers were talking about their mothers and since mine died years ago, I didn’t have much to contribute…….they went on about how their mom’s looked etc. They were saying how tall their mothers were……One said “my mom is 5’6” and the other replied “My mother is 5’9” and I stated “My mother is six feet under”.

• The time at Dans when I put ketchup, mustard, and napkins to go with my corn dog in a bag and the checker looked at it confused and I told her it was just condiments. She said “Oh hon, you don’t have to be embarrassed”

• The time when I worked at Harmon’s and walked out without paying for my drink accidentally….

• The time I had prepared so painstakingly for a monologue to try out for the school play and when I saw everyone from the stage, I ran off crying.

• The time in grade school when I went home just sobbing to my mom saying “Mom, this boy kicked me in the nuts.”

• The time my father stuck a tampon in his nose disgustingly and got a bloody nose.

• My favorite journal entry: I wrote the entire way driving to and from California from Utah, stating the time I would begin to write and end to write (which was like every 3 minutes). I wrote what everyone wore, what they were saying. Every stop, every argument. Sometimes I drew the signs or scenes I was passing. One was particularly funny………I was complaining how my mom had to pee again. Then I wrote how my sister Jen was telling my mother that I was writing down everything in my journal. My mother said (which I wrote in my journal of course)….don’t worry Jen, no one will read her stupid journal anyway. Ha ha ha

WHAT ABOUT YOU? What funny memories do you have or what makes YOU laugh?

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

You are hilarious!!! Loved all of them. I was just telling Karlee the other day that when I was in yearbook class in HS a lady ran in very dramatic and said that a girl fell over in her wheelchair. I looked out there and this poor girl was just sitting on her side in the wheelchair. I was laughing so hard I had to go back in the room. The thought of it was funny plus the lady's overreaction. I'm going to hell;)