Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I’m on the RADIO???!!!!

LISTEN TO ME ON THE RADIO:
GO TO:
http://x96.com/music/podcast/rfh/ or www.x96.com and click on PODCASTS link
1. METHOD ONE-Click on HERE link under itunes logo (View details about podcast) and then select the following shows (times are listed)
· December 8, 2008 Show-Time = 1:39:22 (one hour, 39 min, 22 sec) (they read 1st email)
· December 10, 2008 Show-Time = 2:09:51 (2nd email read)
· December 11, 2008 Show-Time = 46-47:17 (me calling in)
· December 12, 2008-Time = 28:40-40:30 (me in the studio being “kept” or dumped”)
2. METHOD TWO-click on Here link (3rd one down-headphones icon) to listen WITHOUT itunes). Days & times of shows:
· December 8, 2008 Show-Time =99:29-100:5 (they read my email)
· December 10, 2008 Show-Time = 130:4-133:1 (they read my 2nd email)
· December 11, 2008 Show-Time = 46-47:17 (I call in)
· December 12, 2008 Show-Time 28:48-40:26 (me in the studio-funny)

MY EXPERIENCE:
DAY ONE:
So I sent an email last week to Richie, the producer of X-96. They are looking for people to come help with the show-interns what have you. I thought this might be fun and have always loved radio, so I sent the email and told my boyfriend Adam about it.
So last week, he IM’s me exclaiming “Hon, they are reading your email on the radio”. I thought he was joking and laughed, and then he started typing my exact email:
Hi Richie!
My name is Holly McAffee and I would be thrilled to be a part-time intern! I love your show, thanks for letting me listen!
About me:
I’m energetic and really fun! I’m a cute chubby girl, even though Bill says you can’t be cute if you are chubby lol. I am a people person, love to give talks etc.
I’m assuming you need interns in the morning. I could from 5 AM to 8:30 AM, or anything from 6 PM to Midnight.
I have ALWAYS been interested in radio. I have attached my resume.
I was so embarrassed. I listened and was dying laughing! I meant to say I like to talk! Not give talks. So they were teasing me about that. And then they claimed Bill NEVER said I couldn’t be chubby.
Richie emailed me back and said they wanted me to come give them a talk!
I emailed Richie back as follows:
Dearest Richie,
Thank you so kindly for emailing me back. So I just heard the program from yesterday as I am computer ‘savvy’ enough to listen to the podcasts……….(and trust me, I’m laughing so hard I’m crying from embarrassment)
So which “Talk” would you like:
-The “honey we have to talk” talk
-The “when we are in public don’t call me mother. Call me Jill.” Talk
-The talk your son gives you about how he likes boys
-The “sex” talk
LOL I can give you any talk you like! For the record, I actually meant that I like to talk!!!!
On a serious note, would you like a presentation or really a talk? How about Thursday or Friday morning? Can you give me the address and time that works for you!
PS. Bill DID say I couldn’t be cute one day off the air when I called in once. But I am more than chubby-I’m more like morbidly obese, but who wants to describe themselves as such?
This video (if he actually watched it at the time) may refresh his memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ounQqzjmxpY

DAY TWO:
So on December 10th, they read my second email on the air and Bill remembers who I am and says I am cute though I’m chubby lol
DAY THREE:
On the 11th I call in and am on the air and we set up for me to come the next day to be on the radio and give my list of things that must go (pet peeves)
DAY FOUR:
So last Friday I was on the radio! Went it and met the Radio from Hell DJ’s and was on the show. It was so much fun! Too hilarious to even describe. You must listen to the podcast.
CURRENTLY:
I made them some homemade ornaments that I'm going to take in tomorrow or the next day.

No comments: